Friday, February 12, 2010

Attitude vs. exhaustion

This week has been crazy. I have been so busy and backed up with work. I worked four days of 8-10 hours and that is not including the feedings in the backseat of my car. Our house is pretty much in shambles. I have managed to do a couple loads of laundry, but that's about it. I've also had a couple of sort of dizzy spells which is not normal for me. Maybe hormones are still balancing out? It's all been a bit overwhelming, especially when I really just want to take a nap.

I know that I can't do it all, but I'm struggling with the fact that the things I'd rather say no to are not optional. :) I'm a little concerned that this isn't even the busy season for my job and I'm already struggling to keep up.

In our small group this week, we talked a bit about attitude and making choices in your day. It was something I needed to be reminded of. Things come up, and my schedule is not always predictable, but that doesn't mean I have to have a bad day. I can decide whether to be stressed and frustrated or roll with it.

All that to say, I'm trying. I would love to be able to stay at home with Sophi and sometimes it's easy to think of how much "better" life would be if that were an option. But I have been incredibly blessed with a job that offers me some flexibility and the ability to take my daughter to work with me every week. Not to mention a daughter that goes along with it! - just sleeping or looking around while we're out. I spend too much time looking at what I don't have.

This is just a season. Things may change sooner that I think, but in the meantime I'm trying to focus on being thankful for what I have been given.

No comments: