Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Venting

Disclaimer: This post does not have pictures. I have a gazillion pictures that I would like to put in a post, but a) it is too overwhelming to tackle at this moment b) that is an exaggeration, it is more like a thousand c) that is an exaggeration too, because my memory card was not put back in my camera and I did not take pictures of things I would have liked to take pictures of - like ICE, Nashville, my first sushi experience, etc, d) this is the longest sentence ever. End disclaimer.

Somehow, December has not only hit full force, but is already half way over. We've had quite a few uneventful snowfalls and if the hype is to be believed quite the ice storm will be hitting before the week is out. I choose not to believe it because I need our electricity to stay intact. And I really need to go grocery shopping tomorrow without being mobbed by everyone who needs to buy milk before the snow hits - whether or not they have milk at home already or in fact actually drink milk.

We have already survived two birthday parties, one actual birthday (first ever!), two family visits, one cookie exchange, one particularly nasty stomach bug, two new teeth that are going to be making a appearance any day, a overnight stay in Nashville complete with Sophi's first sleepover at Meemaw and Pappaw's house, and two sinus infections (one for each parent). And although my house is showing some serious neglect, we have enjoyed every minute of it. (with the huge exception of sickness, because who enjoys that?) And Christmas is not even here yet!

Work has been crazy lately. And I mostly just needed a break from entering records online. I have had so many older cases that needed pulled - which almost always get drawn out into a week long ordeal. And then dealing with that causes me to fall behind in other things. I am trying not to resent that it is consuming my evening and likely a chunk of my day "off" tomorrow. Right. My day off in which I also get to wash a sink kitchen full of dirty dishes, take Sophi to get her one year shots, and avoid getting mobbed in a grocery store all while dodging ice falling from the sky in my mom-mobile. (I am that hero!)

Haha! I really do love my life. Now, back to the crazy cave!

1 comment:

Lyndsay Taylor said...

You do know that you prove in every blog that quiet people make the best, and funniest, writers!!!!!