Monday, December 6, 2010

1 Year

Dear Sophia,

One year ago today I held you in my arms for the first time. The past twelve hours faded away. I couldn't believe that you were finally here and you were mine. I fell in love with your big blue eyes, your soft skin, and your sweet baby smell. I was so excited the first time I realized that you got your Daddy's dimples.

The past year has gone by so quickly. It seems like every week you are changing and learning new things. I love the look on your face when you are concentrating and seeing something new. I can see the wheels in your mind turning. I love the way you make me see the world in a fresh way.

You are such a good baby. You have been since the start. You love attention and smiling at people. Your first word was "dada" and it is so sweet to see the two of you together. You always have a big smile for him when he walks in the door.

Your laughter brings me pure joy. You make every day better. Even when you are driving me looney, you can still bring a smile to my face in an instant. You've started giving hugs and kisses and it melts my heart.

I can't imagine our life without you in it. I thank God for filling our lives with joy. I am excited to see what your next year will bring.

Happy Birthday, Baby!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

happy Birthday lil' Sophia! You have rockin' parents by the way!

Finding joy said...

Oh, that's so sweet!