Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Can I just be honest for a minute?

I've been hearing the same message a lot over the past few weeks. In it's simplest form it is this - God just wants me to love Him. Everything else is overflow. If I do not love, I am nothing. (1Cor. 13:2)

And it's bringing me to see some things that I don't like about myself. About my life. About the fact that I don't love God. In my head, I do. I am in awe of him. I am so grateful for his mercy and grace that I do not deserve. Being a parent has taught me so much about the love God has for us. And I realize that I don't have that same love for him in return.

I want to just delight in his presence. To forget about doing more. To forget about fixing myself. To forget about making sure I follow all the steps to being a "good Christian". To search him out because I just want to be in the same room with him. To know him and his character more deeply. To see what his heart beats for and quit stressing out over all the things that I know it doesn't. To see this thing as THE thing.

So I never lose sight of your love,
But keep in step with you, never missing a beat.

Psalm 26:3

(And check out this post, from my friend Lyndsay. )

No comments: