Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sewing

For the first time since it was given to me, I pulled this out last week.

This is the sewing machine that I learned how to sew on. It is probably as old as I am too. But I am so thankful that my mom passed it on to me when she found a new one (probably at a yard sale if I know my mother.)


I had to google how to thread the needle and load the bobbin. But I finally found (free) instructions here. Sewusa.com was extremely helpful after I found soo many sites only offering to let me buy a manual.

I'm easing into using it again by only sewing straight lines.

My friend Amber has an embroidery business and she is so creative!

I sewed the ribbon on these burp cloths to get them ready to be personalized. Aren't they cute?

As a trade off, I am getting one of her tutu sets for Sophi's birthday.

Stinkin adorable!

And using the sewing machine again has inspired me to try more things. Maybe like this dress.

1 comment:

Finding joy said...

Thanks for the link. I just inherited my mom's machine. I can't remember the last time I used one. I'm so afraid to use it, for fear of ruining it..he he.