Thursday, June 10, 2010

Reminder

I've been a little overwhelmed in the last month. Since Josh works full time, a lot of the phone calls, errands, paperwork, etc involved with purchasing our house has fallen to me. I'm not complaining, because I am thrilled to be getting a new home. However, being as I am struggling to keep up without the extra most days end with a long to-do list, wondering where the time went.

All things considered, I am doing very well emotionally. I was thinking today of the stress level during my senior year of college and this has been way easier than that. lol I am trying to take one day at a time and not get too caught up with the non-necessities. My mom called it survivor mode. You do what has to be done and then take the rest of it as it comes. Since stress usually causes me to be crabby, I am trying not to let it ruin my attitude.

My sister-in-law Krystal (also mommy to my three fabulous nephews) is a great example to me as a wife, mother, and Jesus follower. I am so thankful to have her in our family. :) Nick did good. lol She reminds me enjoy moments in life rather than let them pass me by. The last six months definitely went by too fast. And I want to take it all in. Especially time with Sophia, but also enjoying time with my husband, the process of purchasing our first home (although ocassionally a pain in the neck, it will only happen once), etc.

I love pictures because they capture a moment in time. They take me back to a time and place. They evoke memories and emotions. I got great advice on my wedding day to stop and take a mental picture every now and then because the day will pass by so quickly. I did on that day. A second of calm in the middle of a whirlwind. :) It's good advice for other days too. And it is impossible for me to do so without being thankful.

Speaking of pictures, here are a few for you. Just because I can.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Love these pictures, and I love that its ME she is smiling at :) She knows we're favorites ;)