Wednesday, June 16, 2010

In the basement

My favorite thing about our current residence is the basement. I will miss having it, but am not sorry to be moving. :) Currently, it is getting very full very fast. We bought appliances and a dining room set off of craigslist. They are quite large, so are being stored at our church building. The eight chairs plus two bar height however are in the basement.

Our new table can seat up to eight. We are very excited to be able to invite people over to the new place and not have to crowd around a table made for four. :) We were told that the chairs were not in good condition when we purchased the table, but we could take them if we wanted to. We were going to just make it work, but realized when we picked them up that they smelled very strongly of smoke. Since the fabric was worn, we decided to strip the fabric and try to re-cover them in some way. We didn't realize that it would take 4 hours for the two of us to just get everything off.

The foam is still a little smoky smelling. We febreezed them twice and I have baking powder on them now that I should be downstairs right now vacumning up. They are definitely improved. We'll see what happens. We are forced to get creative with a lot of things due to the limited finances.

We are closing on the house - finally! It has already been pushed back twice, but this is it for sure. We will get the keys and get to work. Mission #1 - painting. I'm getting excited and only a little overwhelmed. :) Tomorrow we will be homeowners!

I don't consider myself a crafty person, but the projects that are lining up right now are pretty impressive. It should be fun once we're actually moved in and can take our time on a few things. And I'll be sure to share some before and after photos.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'd love to come over for dinner and break in those chairs for you... :)

Lyndsay Taylor said...

Yay! I'm so excited, and you ARE crafty!! You can do anything!