Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Book a Month

So, I don't do New Year's resolutions. But my friend, Emily and I were discussing books and I definitely did not read as much last year as I would have liked. (Something about not being able to keep my eyes open.) Josh and I did listen to some great books on cd and I'm sure we will try to keep finding new ones. I thought I would be fun though to set a goal of one book a month and do some reading that is not just fiction. So here is a list of books I would like to read.  So far this month I have been working on LOTR on cd, but eventually I will try to read instead of just listen.  :)

What is your favorite book?

~ Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado
~ The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
~ Shepherding a Child's Heart
~ Beth Moore study
~ Photography book
~ Tender Mercy for a Mother's Soul: Inspiration to Renew Your Spirit By Angela Thomas
~ Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen
~ A Series of Unfortunate Events
~ Interrupted: An Adventure in Relearning the Essentials of Faith By Jen Hatmaker
~ The Hole in Our Gospel: What does God expect of Us? The Answer that Changed my Life and Might Just Change the World By Richard Stearns
~ Accompanied by Angels: Poems of the Incarnation by Luci Shaw

2 comments:

miranda said...

Tender Mercy for a Mother's Soul is an amazing book!!! You must read it, it's was such a blessing to me when I had two little ones draining the life out of me. I learned so much from that book. Hope it is a timely blessing to you as well!

Finding joy said...

Right now, I'm reading "Two Tickets To The Christmas Ball". It's pretty interesting so far.

I agree that "Tender Mercy.." is a good read!