Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Quilt for Ruth

I made this tree for Sophi's room when I was pregnant with her. 

  
When Lindsey first started planning Ruthie's room, she started out thinking they would go with a bird theme for the room.  And she asked me to make a tree like Sophi's.  Except they ended up doing something completely different.  I don't know if you would say there is a theme exactly.  Just a quilted pattern and sweet flowers, pastels, etc.   So, she told me I could make whatever I wanted.  This is what came out.  :)


I had so much fun making this quilt inspired piece for Ruth.

Even though half the time I did things the long way around, it still got done in time for our trip to St. Louis.


 I love getting a chance to be crafty.  (Especially when it turns out good!)


2 comments:

Finding joy said...

I love it! Is that paper, or actually fabric?

Devon said...

Thanks! Mostly paper. The ribbon around the edge is fabric ribbon. And I used embroidery floss for the words.