Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Not without some whining



I am finally feeling a little bit of energy and some motivation to get things organized, but it is resulting in a lot of half-finished projects.  I am excited about how things should eventually turn out though.   After a year in this house, we almost have curtains on all the windows and art on the walls.  I bought some tubs to store things in so we can make better use of the shed and hopefully organize the closets better.  And I have been given permission to purchase new bedding for our bedroom when we get some things cleaned out.  Yay!  I've got one picked out already.  But now I have to get to work.

We had a up and down sort of day.  Sophi is exerting her independence and I haven't quite found that thing that works for us.  I think I just need to be consistent and not let her get away with things.  We're working on it - especially the screaming and whining.  I know it's not setting a good example.  Okay, actually she's the one screaming and whining, but mommy does not have as much patience as she should.  Hence the up and down.  It really has more to do with me learning how to parent in a new stage.

Sophi really is incredibly helpful and fun (when she chooses to be. lol)  She is excited to get clothes out of the dryer and put them on the couch - whether they are dry or not.  :)  She will start a dance party at the first note of music.  Loves playing ball.  And it makes my day when she asks for a hug.


No comments: