Monday, July 7, 2008

Half Price or Bust

So, the weekend wasn't all boring. Well, depending on who you ask. We got to meet up with our newly-married friends Dusty & Emily. We spent the afternoon in the big city.

First, browsing the mall. Normally, my favorite mall. They have a Brendan Diamonds so I can get my ring cleaned and checked, which I have to do every six months to stay current on the warranty. I guess I should say did. Now the location is closed! I was bummed. Brendan Diamonds needs to pick it up. The location at our mall closed as well right before Josh picked up the ring. Icing and Charlotte Russe also let me down, because although they were having good sales, I did not find the deal for me.

Next we had an early dinner at Macaroni Grill. I have never eaten there before, but it was quite tasty. I had the chicken stuffed ravioli. The sauce was delicious, but so rich! I couldn't finish my plate.

Then for the climax of our evening we went to Half Price Books. Ever heard the expression like a kid in a candy store? That described Emily. Okay, and me too. (Although, I am more into libraries these days.) Josh and I added Percy Jackson book 3, and Harry Potter books 5 & 6 to our book collection. All in hardback and for a grand total of $8.00.

I love hanging out with friends, books, and pasta. :) (Probably in that order.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go to Carries blog she has a free drawing for some really nice note cards.