Thursday, September 18, 2008

They sucked me in

I did eventually go the the grocery store the other day. I try to shop the sales and get some good deals. Kroger was running a special where if you buy 15 of a combination of certain items, you get $3 off your final purchase. Mainly these items were the ones that have the school box tops. Most of them were also on sale

I walked by the Hamburger Helper because even though we eat it, we don't have room for 15 boxes of the stuff. The caught me on the breakfast isle those. The sale price was pretty good on some cereal, then some bars I wanted to try ... and that's when they sucked me in.

"Well, I already have 4 items, I might as well see what else there is."

"Well, this is more than the other brand, but if I buy it than I can get $3 off"

At one point, I realized that this would probably involve spending more money (in price differences) than I would save. But by that time I was getting tired, had 12 of their items in my cart, and was NOT putting them all back. Just three more anyway.

I realize at this point, that yes, I am blogging about grocery shopping. Sad, I know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of being sucked in...

We had a funeral this week. Patronus is no longer with us. It sad because we literally watched him die. He tended to hang around one area and not swim that much, so I was excited to see him swimming around. He was swimming straight up the tank and swirling around. It looked like dancing. We were thinking that he finally was getting used to the tank and to us. Then he laid down on the bottom of the tank, did a little flip in the water, and died.

So now, even though I want Reparo to start swimming around and not be frightened of us anymore. When he started playing with his reflection in the glass last night, I figured it meant he wasn't going to make it. Still there though! Maybe we'll buy him another friend this weekend.

1 comment:

miranda said...

Sorry for your loss. I have to admit, I am guilty of laughing when I read about it.