Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Things

So officially, this was a Facebook thing, but since a) I don't get on Facebook that often, b) I don't feel like tagging 25 people, c) my New Year's resolution is to get to 200 posts. Okay that last one isn't true - I didn't make any New Year's resolutions. Except the ones I make about every other day, when I resolve to do the dishes or fold the laundry (yes I did say every other day - that's so sad). Well, now that we've chased that rabbit ...

In no particular order

1) We never lost our electricity! We are very thankful and so are the fishies that couldn't have survived the cold.
2) I got two whole days off and spent them organizing the guest room and closet and playing Rock Band with my hubby. It's not done yet, but great strides were made.
3) I'm working on becoming a crazy coupon lady - the crazy part is easy.
4) We bought a quilt for the bedroom - from Target - slowly losing the mismatched look.
5) Sometimes after I turn off the oven, I leave the door open so the warm air isn't wasted.
6) When I was younger, I got chicken pox and strep throat at the same time ... and came down with them on Christmas day
7) I love Chinese food and have never found a restaurant as good as the buffet in my home town
8) I think that Aquafina and Dasani water taste metallic. My preference is filtered sink water or Nestle Pure Life.
9) I like to scrapbook, but I'm more drawn to the patterned paper then actually putting anything in a book.
10) I am currently reading the third book in the Septimus Heap series.
11) I have quit two jobs in my life (other than because of moving away) and both were excellent decisions.
12) I'm a fan of candles in general, especially the kind that smell nice (Febreeze are great)
13) I am easily drawn into reality shows (but not the MTV variety)
14) My sister is getting married on March 14
15) She is breaking the June trend the three other wedddings have had and more power to her
16) She is making me give a toast - I didn't make her give a toast
17) I never thought that I, my younger brother, and younger sister would get married 3 years in a row
18) Or that my younger brother would have a baby before me for that matter - but I'm quite excited for them (and to find out next week what they are having!)
19) I used to wear patterned socks every day, but I have grown more boring in my old age - basic white now
20) I don't like to eat big breakfasts in the morning, but am totally okay with big breakfast for dinner
21) I wanted to be an author in grade school. I think I still have a few "books" I started (just for laughs)
22) I didn't think it would be this challenging to come up with 25 things
23) A good pair of jeans does wonder for self-esteem - too bad they're hard to find when you're 5'1" and *ahem* curvy
24) I'm not much of a morning person, but not a night owl either
25) I find good sales and cute earrings hard to pass up

Join in the fun if you like!

1 comment:

Charity said...

Oh Devie, I miss you. This list made me extremely happy! I'm glad you didn't lose your electricity. We must hang out next time we get close to each other.