Saturday, January 17, 2009

A-Flat

Josh and I had an adventurous Friday. I went to the ministry center to get some things squared away for nursery. One of our friends were there and asked if I was driving the red car. He told me the tire was flat and I really wanted it to be a bad joke. Sadly, the rear tire was flat - like rim on the ground. I am soooo thankful that it happened in the parking lot instead of while I was on the road or out of town.

My husband came to the rescue ... eventually. And even though it was bitterly cold, he put a spare on so we could get to the auto center - while I called around for prices and took pics. :)


We knew it was getting close to time for new tires. (You can almost tell how bald they were getting.) Okay, so maybe past time for new tires ...

We ended up just getting new tires for all four. I still had to finish my rounds at the courthouses, so Josh took care of that as well - which is a story in itself. The short version is that Sears took about 3 hours to finally get the tires replaced (when they said it would be 1). However, since we were mis-quoted a price and the computer didn't show that the tire we wanted was out of stock - we ended up with an upgrade that gave us $170 worth that we didn't have to pay for! I love the way God provides.

2 comments:

miranda said...

Look at your great hubby, taken care of you! So sweet!
Glad everything worked out so well. God is really cool like that isn't he!?!

Emily said...

totally happened to us on the highway in Cincinnati! Husbands are the greatest!