Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Options are good ... right?

Alternate title: Growing up is hard to do

What day is it? Because it feels like it has already been a week and a half. I feel like things should be going well, but it's kind of overwhelming. So I'm getting it off my chest.
  • Josh found out about two (part time) job opportunities this week. He's checking into it, which is cool. We know of one possible full time that should be available in the future, but since we don't know how far away that future is ... it's hard to know whether to wait or not.
  • He's also considering going back to school for his master's in counseling, so that's something to pray about. And could influence whether he wants a part time or full time job (of course our finances influence that as well).
  • I have been working on mounds of paperwork from a new client that could connect me with up to nine new contracts. That's awesome ... and a lot. I was also informed that if I were willing to drop my prices some I could get a larger county as well which is about twice as much work as my other counties put together. ... and therefore would be a lot more hours/extra driving time/income/taxes to be paid. :) So I also have to decide how far I can stretch.
  • I'm getting a little tired of this apartment, but Josh doesn't want to move just for a change of scenery. :) That means I need to a) get things cleaned up/organized so I can feel more relaxed/settled here and b) use our space wisely. This is challenging for me to say from the office because that space if definitely the catch-all right now.
It's like this crazy If...Then game and if you move one piece it changes the way everything else falls. And that's before you even include things we want for our future like having children or buying a home. Good thing I'm not an indecisive person or this could get challenging!

2 comments:

Emily said...

how about "Growing Up Sucks," i like that title.

Sounds like you and I are in the exact same position in life. Except you have a job... confused? Check my blog. :)

see you tomorrow!

miranda said...

I'll be praying that God will give you directions and answers. Those are some big decisions.