Saturday, August 28, 2010

At least that's what I'm telling myself

We declared this weekend (and specifically today) a time to work on the house. Sophia did not get the memo. Last night and today she has been a little lot more clingy that usual. I'm thinking it may be teeth. But who knows, I'm starting to think teething is just a catch-all for any odd behavior. Because at least then I can tell myself that when her teeth come in things will go back to "normal".

Anyway, Josh and I still managed to get quite a bit done. Including scrubbing the kitchen floor from where I busted a can of soda all over it, making a grocery run, sorting some things from the guest room closet, filing the dogs nails (definitely a 2 person job), assembling a new cabinet for our bathroom (yay for Josh!), etc. And actually, the more I type the better I feel about what we accomplished. :) Except my back is making me pay for it. Hopefully nothing a good night's sleep won't cure.

Oh, and I did this for a baby shower tomorrow!
Definitely the most fun project of the day. Combining two things I love - fun patterned paper and babies!

The blocks are going to be name blocks, like the ones I did here. But the name has not yet been determined. They are not even finding out what they're having until the big day. Brave! But the giraffes in their nursery will be adorable either way.

I've also started counting my calories this week using sparkpeople. It's been more challenging than I anticipated and I only started Wednesday. I am going to either do one free day during the weekend or give myself some additional calories during the weekend, because I need some kind of reward to look forward to. :) I'm learning a lot that I never paid attention to before - like how many calories are in fast food and what a serving size really is (bigger than I thought for veggies, smaller for everything else lol).

I haven't yet added in workouts, but I'm hoping to do that as well. Just starting small with like 10 minutes a day or going for walks with my friend (who now lives down the road!). My goal was to try to lose 2 pounds per week until I make it to my goal weight, but I don't have a lot of hope for this week. I've been over my range every day but one so far. :( Today at the grocery store I bought some healthier/low calorie snacks - things like fruit, wheat thins, and 100 calorie packs. Hopefully it will help to have more options when I get hungry.

I do want to lose weight, but really Josh and I are just trying to be healthier and teach Sophi good eating habits. I feel really good about the changes we are making. If you have any tips let me know.

No comments: