Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Quick takes

One of the blogs I've been reading does this thing with seven quick takes of anything you want. That sounded easy to me, so I thought I'd give it a try:

Seven shallow things about the way I look

1.
Since moving into the new place, I have (consistently on the scale) lost one pound. Apparently running around like a chicken with it's head cut off burns calories. That means since Sophi turned one month, I have now lost a total of (drumroll please) ......
... one pound.

2.
I dug up some earrings that are just studs yesterday. I love dangly earrings, but my ears do not - because a certain someone likes to touch my face and seeing that pretty thing hanging there is way to tempting not to pull on. (And no, I'm not referring to Josh.) I still wear them probably twice a week, but when I went to put in some earrings for church Sunday, I realized my holes were closing up! Ouch.

3.
I have a new hair cut. I saw some pictures of myself recently that convinced me the haircut wasn't really doing anything for me. Especially since it is so hot out that all I do is wear a pony tail every day. I was thinking of getting a perm, but decided to go short! I can feel air on the back of my neck short. So far I love it, but I haven't yet tried to style it on my own.

4.
I finally bought these boots that I have been drooling over since last winter. Now I'm ready for it to cool down just so I can wear them.


5.
Except that I just spent a couple of weeks hunting down a swimsuit. I finally found one (on clearance) that actually looks pretty good. At least it covers what needs covered and fits properly. :) So maybe it needs to stay warm enough to get some use out of it.

6.
If it stays flip-flop weather though, I definitely am in need of a pedicure. I haven't had my toes painted since May! That's like flip-flop taboo or something.

7.
I broke a nail today. It kind of hurts when I type. (And seven was harder than I thought!)

1 comment:

Emily said...

New boots and new hair?! You are definitely ready for Fall!