Sunday, September 5, 2010

I love long weekends!

We are having an amazing weekend. And I am so glad that I do not have to go to work tomorrow. :) Josh went with his dad to Indy on Saturday to see some drag racing while Sophi and I stayed to do some house cleaning and grocery shopping. I know exciting right? But I am so proud of the progress we made (And to give credit where credit is due, Josh did help before he left at noon.)

Late that night my brother Matthew and his wife, Whitney arrived with their baby girl Emery. Emery is almost exactly six months older than Sophi. And of course, Sophi thinks that Emery is the greatest new toy ever. Emery seems a bit put off by Sophia's enthusiasm though. lol I am taking loads of pictures and will try to get some up when I get a chance to upload them to the computer.

Right now, I am sitting beside Sophi's crib as she tries her hardest not to fall asleep. :) Last night at bedtime, I was putting Sophi's clean clothes away in the dresser during this time and I turned around to see her standing up in her crib! (and grinning at me like she knew she had done something special.) Well, after just about having a heart attack, I decided the crib needed lowered - and now. She slept in the pack-and-play that was waiting for Emery to arrive and I tackled the crib. It got done, but I think next time that will be Daddy's job.

No comments: