Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Red Baron Kentucky Style

My back window has issues. It will roll down, but it won't come back up. And as time has gone by, even if you don't touch it, it still slowly slides down. This wouldn't be a big deal except for one little thing. ... Rain.

Now usually I love the rain. I love falling asleep to the sound of it hitting the window or curling up with a blanket and a good book. However, I do no like it in my car. Now when I hear the rain I groan because I know it's getting my backseat wet. (This is however slightly better than the puddles that used to form in the front floorboard.) Now I know you are asking why we don't just pay to have it fixed. But it is going to cost around $200 and right now we are having other car issues that are a little more pressing.

So, yesterday, it was coming down pretty good. I got tired of the problem, so I got out some freezer bags and some duct tape and rigged this up.

Posted by Picasa

Looks good right? My personal favorite is when the yellow ran out and I had to mix in the camo. Unfortunately I discovered that this only works when the vehicle is not moving. However, it's still better than before. Now I can tuck my window in the for the night when I get home and once again enjoy the sound of the rain.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hey there! I saw that you stopped by my blog and wanted to come over and say hello. How are things going for you guys?

Sorry about your window. Seth and I know all about car issues here. And house issues. And sewer issues.

But I digress. LOL

God bless :)