Monday, March 10, 2008

Cabin Fever


Well, the snow is melting and while I thought it was beautiful I have to say I am relieved. Saturday my hubby was gone most of the day so I was alone in the apartment. I was looking forward to getting out and going to church, small group, and a fun bridal shower on Sunday, but alas all were cancelled due to the condition of parking lots and iciness. So while our apartment was slowly shrinking, I lost a few brain cells (there's only so much tv and dishes a person can take). Then we were rescued by our awesome new friends Tracey and Nathan. They invited us over to hang out. We ended up playing Skip-bo and drinking hot cocoa. Love it!

Then this morning as I sat at my computer, I was listening to Jim Brickman's cd Grace. It is mostly piano music and made me miss getting to play so much. In the last year I think I've played once. It is so relaxing for me, but I don't really have a piano available. Until today that is. :) One of the families that we love from our church (that we also love) have a piano. As I was talking to Mary about missing being able to play she said I should just come over and enjoy. So I did! It was wonderful. Not only did I get to sit and play for an hour straight, but they let me join them for a delicious lunch of homemade chili. Yay, so many good things in the last two days it almost makes up for my cabin fever weekend. lol

No comments: