Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mammoth Cave ... Finally




Ever since I came to Kentucky, I've been wanting to see Mammoth Cave. I mean it's like one of the natural wonders of the world or something. That's pretty cool. It's a shame to be close enough for a day trip and not ever go. So, after 4 years, we finally made the drive and spent the day exploring the park along with a cool tour of the cave. And on my birthday! It was a great day and here are some pictures to prove it.




It was also horribly humid while we were there. I'm not sure if it's always like that because of moisture from the cave or if we just picked a good one, but the cave felt awesome once we got down there. (The hundreds of steps on the way back up however...)



As we were walking on the path, we came across the cute baby deer. I guess it's a little late in the season to see one that young. It was totally unafraid of us and so close to the trail! The picture doesn't even do it justice.

On a side note, it is amazing how much my husband likes to admire deer in the spring/summer and hunt them later in the year. :)






And just because I love the way this picture turned out.





















My talented hubby took this one.






Ahh, just looking at the photos makes me want to go back.

No comments: