Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Weddings are fun (and work)

I got connected with Leigh through some friends at our church. She is a wedding planner and does a great job at it. Every now and then she hires out help to do the set-up and decorating for a wedding coming up. I'm not sure if it is something that will continue in the future, but I've been able to help out twice now and had a lot of fun.

The first I only worked for about 4 hours, so I wasn't there to see the finished product, but it was on it's way to ah-maz-ing. The "theme" was East India. Not a theme really because that's where the couple was from. She used a lot of bright colors and fabrics to decorate with white lights behind them to brighten things up. The pictures aren't that great, but I had to share anyway. And Andrea, I totally thought of you when I took these. :)



The other wedding was an all day thing and unfortunately I only got one picture. I was pretty much exhausted by the time I left. It was gorgeous though. The wedding took place outside by a lake and then everyone went inside for the reception. This one's for you, Lindsey.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

how fun! I love the creative use of all of the sarees!