Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Speaking of work


Good ol' Cracker Barrel with their good ol' country cooking. I have received my first (and only) star. This star not only means I made it, but that I got a bit of a raise in my hourly pay.

However, I will not be getting any more stars, because as of next week I will not be working at Cracker Barrel any more. That's right, I quit. I'm so a quitter. And I'm glad.

It wasn't really a bad place to work. I wasn't a big fan of the sales part. Not really my thing. But mostly I'm just a wuss and it was way harder to have two jobs than I thought it would be. I mean I worked like three jobs in college and took classes. But I guess you have to love your job and work for really awesome people to survive that. The whole night thing and never knowing until a few days before what nights they would be - definitely didn't like it. It made it very hard to have any social life/ever cook dinner for my hubby/keep volunteering at DC. All things that I enjoy very much. (Remind me of that later on the cooking thing. )

So now, thank the Lord (and I mean that literally) I got an increase in my pay for the day job and it made me feel like I had more of a choice. So, goodbye Cracker Barrel. I may still shop in your clearance corner, but it won't be as good without my employee discount. Although I guess I'll get to keep the apron.

No comments: