Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Believe it or not, I've done this before

After our great, if a little busy, weekend it was time to come back home. Getting home for us now is not that different from when I was in school. I should know the way pretty well. South and west. Check.

Once we got out of town, I missed a turn off. Not a big deal. It was a short cut, but we got there fine. Once in Cinci, I should have taken the exit to 71 (you know the one that say KENTUCKY). But I passed it.

At that point, the next exit we came to happened to be for Hebron. Now you can't go through Hebron without stopping at the mega Gap Outlet store. (at least I can't) We got some cool deals. Josh needed red polos for Target and they were 4/$10. I also got three tops for myself for 99 cents each. Woohoo

So we got back on the loop around Cinci. South and west, right? Except, since I had already passed the exit we needed I actually should have gone east. So after some traffic because of construction, we took the next exit we could find to turn around.

Oh wait! Remember that construction? The ramp back on to the loop was closed. Time for a detour. Let me just say I'm not sure how we were in Cinci, but ended up in the middle of nowhere. But eventually we made it. It pretty much took us back to Hebron, where we got on going east and caught the exit heading south. Back on track.

The rest of the trip was without incident. We did have one other detour, but it was voluntary. You can't be that close to Cheesecake Factory without getting some dinner. Okay, well you can, but we didn't.

No comments: