Thursday, October 7, 2010

Crockpot cooking

I love, love, love cooking with my crockpot. My friend Miranda, posted about crockpot cooking and inspired me to share some of my favorite recipes. Most of the ones I use involve chicken & sauce served over rice or noodles. But now that the weather is turning cooler, I may branch out to some soups. My favorites come from this cookbook (and I've only tried one that we didn't really like).

Cream Cheese Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 T. butter, melted
1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1/3 c. cooking sherry
2 T (1 pkg) dried italian salad dressing
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese

Place chicken in sprayed, slow cooker. Brush (or drizzle) with melted butter. Add remaining ingredients. (Mix first, for a smoother sauce.) Cook on Low 6-7 hours. Serve over egg noodles.

Apricot Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 (12 oz) jar apricot preserves
1 (8 oz) bottle Catalina or French dressing
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1/4 cup water

Place chicken in sprayed, slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and stir well. Cover chicken with sauce mixture. Cook on Low 5-6 hours. Serve over rice.

Creamy Salsa Chicken
4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 (1 oz) pkg dry taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup sour cream

Place chicken in sprayed, slow cooker. Add 1/4 cup water. Sprinkle taco seasoning mix over chicken and top with salsa. Cook on Low for 5-6 hours.

When ready to serve, remove chicken breast and place on platter. Stir sour cream into salsa sauce and spoon over chicken.

No comments: