Sunday, October 31, 2010

Is there such thing as too much chocolate?

Friday at Josh's work everyone brought in food to celebrate a birthday on the team. And, as is usually the case, Josh informed me that he needed food on Thursday at about 9:00. ... PM. So, we were trying to put something together without running out to the store.

I convinced Josh to help me with some no-bake chocolate cookies. I pretty much always have the ingredients on hand. Somehow, maybe the chocolate didn't boil long enough?, they did not set up right and ended up a pretty sticky mess. That didn't stop us from sampling them with a spoon though.

So, try number 2 - brownies from a box. I put them in the oven around 11:00 and made Josh stay up to get them out. He ended up bringing home about half of the pan.

So, we now have a double batch of cookies and half a pan of brownies in our house. And he also brought home some donuts from work that were left over that morning.

Oh, and these that we had just finished off the day before.

Yeah, we did not do any trick-or-treating. We have too many treats already. So long, diet. My waistline will miss you.

(I do have some great pics for later from Sophi's first Halloween though!)

1 comment:

alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.