Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I can cry if I want to


I've seen a bit too much of this expression tonight. Only without the hat.

Poor Sophi has been cranky the last few days, enough so that when she just would not be distracted tonight (even with food), I decided to take her to urgent care. Based on the way she acted last time she had one, I was so sure that she had an ear infection. I didn't even want to wait until tomorrow to take her to the pediatrician. Just hook us up with some antibiotics and we'll be on our way.

Of course, once we were in the waiting room, she decided to act like nothing was/ever had been wrong. An hour and half later (and there was only one person in front of us!), we finally made it home in time for her to go to bed. And mommy was starving. Her ears are fine. But Josh and I both think that something is bothering her. Teeth maybe? A sore throat? I don't know, but I felt like crazy, overprotective mom at the urgent care office. "I promise, she was acting like something was wrong."

Now she is sleepy peacefully and with any luck will stay that way until morning. And she weighs 17.4 in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

miranda said...

I think I've driven home without a diagnosis from urgent-care at least 4 times with my kids.
It's always a sad feeling, no answers and confusing that I'm disappointed my child wasn't sick enough for medicine!! Plus, I paid money to put us through a forever long wait!!
Hope she gets better, it probably is her teeth, since you ruled out everything else. Kids are great for keeping us guessing.
At least you got a weight check out of it! :)