Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pregochondriac


So, I have discovered something about myself. Since experiencing the strangeness that comes with being pregnant, it's all too easy to wonder at any other strangeness that my body experiences. And once that little seed of wonder gets planted in my mind, it grows fast. Yes, I admit it - I am a pregochondriac.

If I get indigestion, it must mean I'm pregnant - so what if I pigged out on pizza and soda for dinner.

If I feel bloated, it must mean I'm pregnant - so what if there were beans in that dip.

If I get a migraine, it must mean I'm pregnant - so what if I used to get headaches all the time without a Sophia growing inside.

If I'm up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, it must mean I'm pregnant - so what if I drank two glasses of water before bed.

If I feel the need to nap, it must mean I'm pregnant - so what if I went to bed late last night ... the the 10 nights before that.

And so on and so forth. Let's just say I am very grateful for $1 pregnancy tests, because I may or may not have used about 10 in the last year.

(And no, I'm not pregnant. ... I checked.)

2 comments:

miranda said...

Haha, really funny! I'm so with you on the $1 pregnancy test, they are awesome! AND, you never know you might just be shocked to find one read something different once in awhile. :) In God's perfect timing, right!?!

Lyndsay Taylor said...

hilarious! love you!