Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Challenge

Yesterday, Josh and I were talking about how we've both gained weight in the last 9 months. Okay, so more like I was freaking out about my jeans getting tight and having a gut and having to be particular about what I wear because I'm afraid people will think I'm expecting. (which I'm not). And after Josh laughed at me he said he had gained weight too and why didn't we start running together.

Now, I hate running. Really. And my husband is a good foot taller than me so as I'm puffing along with a cramp in my side, I'm also holding him back.
Josh: So would you rather be fa... heavier than you were before, or would you rather start running?
Me: (after some thought) I'd rather be fat.

There has to be another option.

So, we've come up with a challenge, just a little motivator. Josh can do his running thing without me. And if he does it every day for a minimum of 15 mins. for one month, he gets a new xbox game. If I can do any kind of exercise I feel like (shopping does not count) four days a week for a minimum to 20 mins. for one month and I get a new pair of shoes. I'm aware that this is somewhat shallow, however it shows some promise.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Man if I got shoes for exercising.......do you know how skinny I would be?

Lindsey said...

Hey woman, I posted again. I am SO ontop of things. Be proud.

Me, Of Course said...

Man...I don't even own a functioning computer right now, and I just read and responded to you AND your sis (who technically never invited me to HER blog, I might add!) That's just ONE reason I love you better---ooops--hey, these comments aren't, like, public, are they?? -IF so, I was just, uh, kiddin' mighty mouse. :>
Anyhoo- Just wanna say I'd be THRILLED if my hubby actually invited me to join him for daily exercise instead of just the daily desserts and yummies! (NOT that I'm complaining about the sweets, though, let's get THAT straight!) lol

Devon said...

Of course! Me, does this mean we are pulling you into the blog world? You want to start one don't you? Admit it. :) Does ME stand for anything similar to MJ?