Saturday, July 31, 2010

Don't Judge Me

I've been planning to work on our front yard for weeks now. It definitely looks hillbilly trashy - like we need a few mismatched tires and an RV that doesn't work in the driveway. The front porch is the worst. Mostly because it would take the least amount of time to correct and yet it has looked like this since the weekend we moved in.


This is the sink that used to be in the master bathroom. It's super tiny. We replaced it with one slightly larger and it made a world of difference in that room. Josh flattened the wood on this and moved it so it does actually look a little better in the yard now.

These are my flower beds. The weeds are totally taking over. But I am excited to have them (the beds not the weeds).

Mixed in with that jumble of weeds there are actually some nice plants in there! When we first looked at the house, it was early in the spring and it didn't look like there was anything in them. This hosta is my favorite.

I'm not sure what this one is, but it looks like it might get some blossoms at some point.

My goal for this year is to get everything weeded out and cleaned up, maybe put down some landscaping paper and mulch. Then in the spring I hope to add some plants and flowers. I've never done this sort of thing before so if anyone has some suggestions let me know!

1 comment:

miranda said...

I can't blame you, it's been so hot!! Who wants to be out in this heat!? That last plant is an iris, or some people call them Flags. It blooms in the spring.