Saturday, July 24, 2010

Torn over Trash

I have been reading a blog called My Dear Trash. The site is written by two women who shop thrift stores and sell items on ebay and craigslist for income. My sister and mom introduced me to it because they have been starting their own ebay stores.

I find myself torn. I think it sounds like a lot of fun and would love to start a fund for our potential Florida vacation next year. And at the same time I find myself struggling to keep up with things as it is. I'm thinking about setting a goal of posting 10 items a week and see how things go for a couple of weeks. There aren't a lot of inexpensive thrift stores around here (that I've found) and yard sale season is almost over, so it would be a good test run for a couple of weeks. Then maybe come next spring I'll have enough experience to either dive in or run away. lol

I've always loved the idea of re-finishing or re-purposing items to sell, but it can be time consuming. I'm trying to be pretty creative about doing this when decorating our new home. I'd love to do larger items like furniture, but those are more of a risk since there's a higher up front cost. Maybe one day.

No comments: