Friday, April 2, 2010

Gotta love a little irony

Yesterday was the first day of April. That in itself is insane to me. Facebook was full of hoaxes yesterday for April fools. I don't mind a good prank, but I'm not quite creative enough to pull them off. Plus, usually in involves planning ahead (which we know I'm so good at). So I don't usually participate.

But yesterday, I couldn't help but laugh as I remembered last year. Ever since Josh and I have been married, I have this friend (you know who you are) who would ask about once a week without fail if I had any news/was pregnant yet. So April 1, 2009 I decided to call her up. I told her I was pregnant. April fools! I don't even remember how the conversation went. I don't remember if she believed it for even a minute. It's all a little fuzzy.

I do clearly remember, however, the conversation we had around a month later. I told her I was pregnant. And this time I wasn't joking. The things that gets me is I was telling the truth both times! I was pregnant last April but didn't know it yet. :) So be careful when you pull a prank, because the joke may be on you.

Every time I saw something on Facebook about someone expecting I had to smile to myself.
And I may be a little biased, but she's the best prank ever.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'll claim it-- I'm that friend! But it's only because I knew you'd produce such a darling little child. ;)