Monday, April 12, 2010

"Solid" food

Well, Sophi tried her first solid food. It was quite entertaining. At this point, I'm not really trying to get her to eat a lot of the cereal, just get her used to a spoon and realizing that the stuff on it can be swallowed.

She definitely wasn't too sure at first. I think next time I will warm it up longer.


Probably not pediatrician approved, but we put a little bit on her paci, just to get her to realize that you are supposed to swallow it. :)


Then back to the spoon. I think she did finally begin to realize that food was involved because she started to smile and get excited. That or she was just enjoying the attention.

Overall, she mostly spit it out on her bib, but did manage to swallow a little bit. We'll probably try again sometime next week. No hurry. I am feeding it to her in the evenings though because if she does get extra food in I want it to be before bed. :)

No comments: